Are you worried that your child’s frequent use of ipads and iphones at close range will cause eye diseases? Do not worry. With the Screen Distance feature of iOS 17 beta / iPadOS 17 beta and of course on iOS 17 or iPadOS 17 (coming soon) will help you relieve this worry.
In the latest iOS 17 beta, iPadOS 17 beta, Apple introduces a new feature aimed at promoting healthier screen habits, one that might remind you of the rules your parents set back in the day – maintaining a safe distance from the screen. This innovative feature, known as “Screen Distance,” is designed to tackle eye strain and reduce the risk of near-sightedness, especially in children who spend significant amounts of time with their screens.
We all know how easy it is to inadvertently move closer to the screen when we’re deeply engrossed in something. With iOS 17 beta, iPadOS 17 beta (and sure in iOS 17) Apple addresses this concern by implementing Screen Distance, which utilizes Face ID technology to identify instances where you’re sitting too close to the screen for prolonged periods. If you find yourself in this situation, the feature will prompt you to take a step back before proceeding.
Of course, Screen Distance is an optional feature, allowing users to decide whether they want to enable it or not. If you are concerned about the potential impact of screens on your or your family’s eyesight, you can take advantage of this functionality by adjusting a few settings. Here’s a simple guide on how to set up Screen Distance in iOS 17 beta:
- Check Beta Version: Make sure you have the iOS 17 beta or iPadOS 17 beta installed on your device. Open Settings app, then select General, then select About, and then select iOS version. If it’s not iOS 17 beta (or iPadOS 17 beta), you first download and install iOS 17 beta or iPadOS 17 beta (we had shared at 1ms.net)
- Access Settings: Open the Settings app on your device.
- Select Screen Time: Scroll down and locate the “Screen Time” option. Tap on it to access the Screen Time settings.
- Enable Screen Distance: In the Screen Time settings, find and tap on “Screen Distance” to enter the Screen Distance setup.
- Read Information Screens: You’ll encounter two information screens. Read through them to understand how Screen Distance works and its benefits.
- Continue: After reading each information screen, tap “Continue” to proceed.
- Toggle Screen Distance On: Once you’ve gone through the information screens, ensure that the “Screen Distance” toggle is switched on.
- Test the Feature: With Screen Distance enabled, test it for yourself by using your device as usual. The feature will prompt you if you get too close to the screen for an extended period.
By following these steps, you can easy set up and experience the benefits of Screen Distance, helping your kid’s alleviate eye strain and reduce the risk of near-sightedness when using your device.